These are products that I use and some I carry in my painting bag. They are not part of material list so they never get published in that space. I’ve found they have helped me over time. I do not have any affiliation with any of the products/companies and I do not get a cut from their business with you.
- Broke a brush handle?
- Need to soften a sharp edge of a tool? (My steel kitchen tongs that made marks on my white counter with it's sharp non-cooking end got it's edge taken off with a bit of sugru on it)
- Flexible rip cover over shoes.
- Using Sugru and magnets, I've made myself a palette grip. That way the magnet doesn't scratch my palette.
- Ripstop repair kit for hiking bag, jackets.
- Clubbed with velcro, they are my foldable clasps that keep my drawing board folded over with paintings inside. Makes it easier to transport paintings and blank paper.
- Brushes running away while painting? Velcro em.
- I have velcroed most of my gear. So, I no longer have to carry this with me though I have reams at my studio.
- I am in love with this biodegradable product. I carry 5 towels in the plastic case they send. The plastic case is about 1 inch tall cylinder. Each of the towels open up to a handle towel when you dampen them. When your painting wipe is drenched, voila, a new one. Used it in Netherlands in summer of 2019 to wet and make a wet neck towel to survive the blistering heat.
- For my OCD.
- Plus, I love food.
- My painting hand needs more warmth sometimes. My non-painting hand can go in my jacket pocket and stay close to my body to stay warm. The painting hand has to move out but doesn't want a thick sleeve edge coming onto my wrist - it gets pigment stains on it. The UV protection sleeve helps. My son is a bowler in a cricket team and bowlers often keep their throwing arm warm this way.
- Another amazing product - remoldable, low temp. thermoplastic - very reusable and reconfigurable (which Sugru isn't). I have made custom hooks for water containers that fit my palette with my finger size. Brush holder tabs. Fits in the wallet, same size as a credit card.
- Self Explanatory