The second year of masterclass is open for enrollment.
Our main change this year is that there will be no drop-ins available. We realized this is long commitment class and changing attendance does not make it smooth experience for those who are on deepening their practice.
- This is a long format masterclass suited for people who wish to do deep focussed work towards making paintings emote what the artist feels. Despite this topic being ripe for extreme abstraction, we will limit this batch to impressionistic realism and will push to adopt direct watercolors as a method.
- Generating an individual tool kit to pursue deeper study even after the workshop ends.
- 4 x 90 minutes of small class instruction
- 2 x full day weekend workshop
- 90 minutes of offline instructional videos
- Closed Class Support Group on Facebook or Uma’s own website
- Weekly Homework (on class website)
- Reading e-handouts (on class website)
What practices will ensure student success
- Dec 2021:
– The mental practice starts 3 weeks before the class begins
– Uma sends out a touch-base email.
- Jan 2022:
– Having a consistent physical work space
– Having mental space to think the concepts through
– Having stamina to research, experiment and to catalog your own research.
You are all masters now. Which means, no reminders for assignments, no verification if homework is done. You will show up for you. I will hold space for you in whichever form you come.Class moto.
Weekly Monday class occurs on Jan 3, 10, 17, 24
Weekend Workshop occurs on Jan 29-30
You choose 1 package, either a Morning package or Evening package.
Morning package = 4 x Mondays in morning (9:00am PDT) + 2 day weekend workshop (9am-4pm PDT)
Evening package = 4 x Mondays in evening (7:00pm PDT) + 2 day weekend workshop (9am-4pm PDT)